Magical facial threadsPolydioxanone face lift threads
Magical threads or polydioxanone tensing threads rejuvenate and reaffirm sagging facial skin from the inside without surgery, anaesthetic and with long-lasting effects.
What are magical threads?
Polydioxanone (PDO) magical or tensing threads are fine strands that are introduced under the skin to achieve a regenerative facelift effect. That is:
- On the one hand, the threads form a support structure for the sagging tissue.
- On the other, the magical threads stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis, redensifying the skin.
Magical threads of polydioxanone rejuvenate and reaffirm facial skin
What is polydioxanone or PDO?
Polydioxanone or PDO is a commonly used material for sutures in heart surgery, since it enhances cell cohesion.
This material is totally compatible, reabsorbable and sterile.
On a subcutaneous level, polydioxanone generates fibrosis or a repair process around it, which triggers the production of new elastic collagen and elastin fibres.
Therapeutic effects of magical threads
The structural protein synthesis induced by the magical threads produces a number of therapeutic effects:
- Skin redensification: Magical threads stimulate the fibrocytes that produce collagen and elastin. These fibres increase tissue elasticity and density.
- Firmness (lift effect): New collagen and elastin act like a support system for the skin, reducing flaccidity and recovering firmness.
- Smoothness and radiance: Magical threads also stimulate microcirculation, oxygenating skin and making it smooth and radiant.
- Prevention: Tissue revitalization slows down ageing and sagging.
How is the magic threads technique performed?
The physician first carries out a thorough study of the facial areas to be treated. A design is made of the areas to be drafted and they are then marked precisely.
The skin is cleaned and an anaesthetic cream applied to minimise discomfort.
Each magical thread is infiltrated into the subcutaneous region with the aid of a fine needle. After placing the thread in the correct location, the needle is removed with a small rotation.
The fine and polished diameter allows for the use of small calibre needles, making it a less traumatic treatment than other types of threads.
The number of threads required depends on the conditions of the patient's skin and the areas that need treating.
Radiofrequency maximises the effect of magical threads
Magical threads + radiofrequency
At IML, after implanting and checking the threads, we apply a protocol of 3 multipolar radiofrequency sessions to synergistically stimulate collagen and elastin by freeing thermal shock proteins.
Fibrocytes are especially sensitive to complementary treatments when in contact with PDO threads.
How long do magical thread results last?
The skin tensing and firming results can last for 1 to 2 years.
IML recommends an annual maintenance treatment to assure continuity of the results.
Magical thread indications
Magical threads are indicated for skin with mild or moderate sagging.
The technique is applied both to prevent as well as to improve flaccidity.
The most frequent applications of magical threads are:
- Lift cheeks and eyebrows.
- Improve marionette lines and nasogenian fold.
- Rejuvenate the facial contour and neck.
Possible side effects
- Hypodermic haematoma which is reabsorbed within a few days.
- Discomfort over the first few days.
- Local infection, very rare.
- Local inflammation, very rare.
- Infection in the treatment area.
- Autoimmune disorders.
- Severe diabetes.
- Acute cardiovascular disease.
Contact Instituto Medico Laser now for more information about magical threads.